The Dry Farming Seed Directory empowers growers to identify and source high quality crop varieties that have been demonstrated to perform well under dry farmed or minimally-irrigated conditions. This directory will be continually updated as new varieties are recommended and entered. Currently, this directory is focused on the northwestern United States, including WA, OR, ID, CO, MT and Northern CA.
For a crop variety to be entered into the Dry Farming Seed Directory, it should satisfy the following criteria:
- Performs well in dry farmed or minimally irrigated conditions using organic practices, and evaluation details are openly available.
- Open-pollinated and sufficiently diverse to enable future adaptation
- Has other notable resilient traits, such as cold or heat tolerance, disease or pest resistance
- Valuable culinary characteristics including flavor, nutrition, and storability
- Seeds are available, commercially or otherwise
Do you have a dry farming crop variety to recommend for the directory? Please fill out this form.